December 1, 2008

Growing


Up late and as always, whenever the clocks strikes oh, about 9:30 pm, I find myself in the constant company of a particular thought: "I should be in bed." This thought parks and stays for a few hours. And I want to write about Ezra so awake I'll stay. This week he grew up. He is strong. He is vocal. He is leaving the infant stage in physical ways and it almost makes me want to post an obituary to his baby-ness. He will be 4 months on the 4th. I know, I know that is still a baby. But things are changing so fast! I suppose all parents navigate this space; the space of mourning and rejoicing at the same exact time. Parenting is vast and complex, but commands an introspective respect. I find myself wondering so much these days. As in wonder-ing. Being full of wonder. And so I close this night with a toast. To wonder, To Ezra Monroe!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie,

    This is Joni's daughter Sue. I speaking of growing up, I have a fresh crop of little boy clothes for you. All sized 6-12 mos. I'll send them home with my mom on the 11th. Glad to see Ezra is healthy and growing! My #3 is 7 mos. and in 12-18 mos. sizes already!
    Peace.

    Sue Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ~ I miss Ezra Monroe already! You guys just left the Blue Mangrove... Ezra is so spectacular and the most precious ever. Wonderful to see him and both of his loving parents.Just had to note that.
    Love you all so,
    Christie

    ReplyDelete