August 13, 2008

A Resting Heart Swells with Gratitude

Natalie here. Josh just headed back to camp and I am headed back to bed. I am feeling worn. Little Ezra will not be coming off the vent today. That's okay. Maybe tomorrow. I check the blog. Your comments fill us with gratitude and thankfulness. They close the gap when we feel emotionally isolated. They remind us we are loved. THANK YOU FOR REACHING OUT.

The Lord has been revealing to me (I'm sure for longer than I have been aware) that it is okay for me to rest during all of this. Not only is it okay, but it is His desire that I do so. "But how could I possibly rest when my baby is in the hospital and can't even breathe?" I question. I tell God, "No, I need to pray, read the Word, pray, read. I need to do something."

I believe God shared something with me recently as I sat beside Ezra's isolet in the early morning hours. "Rest. There are people praying for you." And then I heard it. The "for" in "for you" was "on behalf of you." Just as Jesus intercedes for us, there are people, you who are reading this blog, interceding for my baby, my husband, for me and on behalf of me. I discover, on day 9, that sometimes you just can't do it all. And Christ never meant for us to.

If you feel led, please continue to pray for our family. Perhaps you would like to partner with someone else you know who is praying for Ezra and fast together. Here's a verse of beautiful poetry from Isaiah 55 that has brought me peace in these last few days...

"When you are set free,
you will celebrate
and travel home in peace.
Mountains and hills will sing
as you pass by,
and trees will clap."

12 comments:

  1. My Dearest Natalie,
    The world is so blessed to have your heart in it. How fortunate Ezra is to have been born through you and you through him.

    Crystalline, I recall the moment my son came to be. The change in the universe, inside me, amongst us.

    Today I spoke with my daughter (my 12 year old newly adopted)about love and gratitude. I told her of things to come. Of love, love, love, powerful, ragingly peaceful love, blissful love, unconditional love. I told her it was okay to love me, her uncle and my partner because we love her. She heard me. She felt it. She wept. I sat outside our log home in the deep woods of northern minnesota and i heard my guides saying, "good, my girl, good, now rest."

    I then read your words, your passion, your spirit oosing itself out and wept.

    I thank God that you are in this world. That there is woman like me who believes in love, hope and unparalleled Faith. You speak the truth.

    I thank God that a boychild will be raised by a woman like you. His lungs will be strong, he will breathe the Word and we will all be better because of you both.

    All of me,
    Tuleah Sydnee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie and Josh--

    Our prayers are with you and little Ezra. Congratulations on parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, Josh and Ezra, you are all in our prayers. Especially for little Ezra. I am glad, Natalie, for your realization that you do need rest, because you do! You are right, there are many of us interceding on Ezra's behalf. Thank you for the blog; we want to keep up on how everything is going. Much love to you all-
    Carla, Matt & Ava

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie --

    thanks for that insights -- I will continue to pray on behalf of you.

    Bless,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie & Josh...
    Know that our prayers are with you each and every day...

    much love...

    Heather & Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been praying for you so often since hearing of Ezra's birth last week. The Lord continues to bring him to mind, and we will be faithful in prayer.
    Robin (Trostad) and Andrew Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful that you've heard and are responding to God's calling of rest. It is vital for your life, just as it is for Ezra's.

    Also, like many others our church here in Clear Lake, Wisconsin is praying for your family. May God give you each the rest you need, the strength to continue, and the joy in knowing that Our God is Sovereign.

    peace. nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so true-There are many times God has just put me on a shelf and said -REST! I have always learned so much in those times. I sure miss our visits - you are so insightful. Feel my hugs through God as you are sitting there watching your wonderful Miracle of a son! Love ya tons - Kara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie, Josh, Ezra, & family,
    Silly me that I hadn't realized I could leave messages on here! O, you are blessed. You are blessed with the opportunity to now rest and enjoy these moments with your son. It may not be in the setting you'd prefer, but he will breathe stronger and live better enclosed in your love.
    I think of you daily and send out many prayers to all of you. As always, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    Much much love to you all,
    Jill Holmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Baby Ezra, Mama Natalie, Papa Josh~
    We continue to pray for you all and we feel so blessed you have let us have a glimpse of what is going on. We love you all very much and can't wait to see you. Natalie, I find you incredible-just incredible.
    Tonya and Jer Miller

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i do love you, sweet cousin & cousin-in-law! what beautiful words. that verse is so tangible, i can see the exact trees that lined the handmade-flower-bedecked path to your wedded-bliss-party, clapping their beautiful green hands when Ezra is set free and comes home breathing great big sighs of happiness with his manly lungs. it's so grand it made me cry. also loved the painting of the happy 3-some with frilly nightie. how adorable!!!

    (amanda)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are praying with each breath you take and each beat of your hearts, and Ezra has been born into that same love of God. Let the rest of us put words to it for now. God is with you three. Blessings and hugs, Janey

    ReplyDelete